One of the top these complaints of middle-aged woman is that they are always tired and wish they had more energy!
Here are 10 easy ways to increase your energy!
1) Drink water.
· Most women are chronically dehydrated. Before you go for sugar or caffeine to boost your energy, have a glass of water and wait a few minutes to see what happens. This is the number one way to boost your energy!
· Caution: Soft drinks are now America’s number one source of added sugar.
2) Eat dark leafy green vegetables.
· Green is associated with spring, the time of renewal with refreshing and vital energy.
· Greens are full of vitamins and nutrients and great for improving circulation, lifting the spirit, purifying the blood and strengthening the immune system.
· Broccoli, collards, bok choy, kale, mustard greens, broccoli rabe, arugula and dandelion greens are some of the many to choose from.
3) Get physical activity.
· Start with simple activities, like walking or yoga—start with 10 minutes a day and increase. Exercise increases your energy.
4) Use gentle sweets.
· Avoid sugar and chemicalized artificial sweeteners.
· Use gentle sweeteners like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, honey and stevia.
· Also eat sweet vegetables such as yams, carrots, red peppers and beets.
5) Get more sleep and rest and relaxation.
· When you are tired or stressed, your body will crave energy.
· These cravings are often a result of being sleep-deprived, going to bed late, waking up early, for months and years on end.
6) Evaluate the amount of animal food you eat.
· Eating too much meat, dairy, chicken and eggs can lead to low energy. So can eating too little! Experiment. Respect your body’s individuality.
7) Take time for yourself.
· Find activities that restore your energy, such as a walk, a bath, a museum, a movie or whatever you enjoy, and schedule a weekly date with yourself to do these things!
8) Get in touch with your spirituality.
· We are spiritual beings in a physical world.
· Find ways to get in touch with your spiritual side, be it meditating, dancing, drawing, going to church or temple or being in nature.
9) Get rid of relationships that drain you.
· People can drain you of your energy. It doesn’t mean that they are bad, but it is good to notice who drains you and why.
· See if you can transform those relationships by communicating and setting boundaries, or end the relationship.
10) Reduce or eliminate caffeine.
· The ups and downs of caffeine include dehydration and blood sugar ups and downs, making mood swings more frequent. Once you kick the coffee habit you will have more, consistent, energy than you ever had under the influence of coffee!
Choose a few of these energy boosting ideas and you’ll be super charged in no time flat.
What do you do to have more energy?
You Deserve to Be Healthy!